Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Blogging from 340,000 feet

Hello all,

In the beauty that is El Al airlines, I am writing from halfway over the Atlantic, via wireless internet on the plane. I've been flying four hours and have over six to go. I've met some kids from my trip in the airport shuffle, and they all (almost) seem really cool, and I'm going to have a great time with them over the next ten days. I've got centre seat to some really cool guys. My trip seems like most of the people know very little about Judaism or Israel, but at least it's not JAPpy - so I can't complain too much. I wish this trip were with more religious people - and not ones that are planning on treating this like a 10 day Spring Break style vacation. I'm also so happy that Lori has turned me onto a lifesaver, Dramamine. I took it before we took off, and I've never felt so good on a flight before. I just started feeling a bit sick, so I took another, but this is an amazing invention and I would like to buy stock. I randomly met a kid from Beacon waiting in line to check my baggage, we talked for an hour and a half while we waited in line. He's unfortunately on the Kesher trip, so I probably won't see him again while I'm in Israel. How addicted am I: I facebooked him while waiting in line via wireless while we were still talking.

I got to the airport well over three hours early, and I thought it was ridiculous that Jamie, our tour leader from Rutgers told us to get there four hours early. But I understood when I got there - I've never seen bigger lines. I had very little downtime in the 3 and a half hours I had before my flight in the airport.

I also didn't get yelled at or charged for my ridiculously overweight bag - I was so surprised. I barely was able to lift it onto the scale and she didn't say a word, she just put a bag tag and rolled it through.

I hear my access to internet during birthright is few and far between - so until I write again..

I'M GOING TO ERETZ ISRAEL!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]