Thursday, July 13, 2006

 

And in other news...

Today I had my second test, which I don't believe went quite as well as the first one - however she was not giving us the answers as ridiculously as she was on the last one.. However I do think it went pretty well, and I also got a quiz back from a few days ago and I got a 92 - and I would've gotten a 96 if I hadn't made some stupid mistakes.. But then again, aren't most mistakes stupid?

I went to the shuk with Gavin, Josh and Seth as well, picking up massive amounts of fruit and pita. I'm losing crazy amounts of weight here, it's sort of awesome, except right before I left my aunt Karen brought me shopping for new pants because the ones I had were too big, and now the new ones are too big too. I've mostly been eating hummous, pita and turkey sandwiches and snacking on cereal and eating more fruit than I ever have. It's been AMAZING.

In sad news, my iPod is broken, and despite airmailing it out to New York where my cousin airmailed it out to California, she's kapput. Apple says I damaged it myself and won't replace it. But, I can now purchase a slick black iPod video. With what money, I am not sure. I'll work a lot when I get back.

Tomorrow Gavin and I are going to the old city to walk the ramparts and walk inside the aquaducts, and if Josh comes we will go back to the Church of the Holy Sep., and I can pick some more stuff for friends, and bring Toegang this time and get some shots of him on Jesus' tomb.

I was supposed to go to Safed this weekend, but that got cancelled due to the incursion into Lebanon and the bombing this morning, so we decided to go to Acre instead, but then that got cancelled due to the Lebanese bombs in Nahariya. Not that Jerusalem is that bad of a place to be.. But if this doesn't clear up my trip to Petra (in Jordan) is cancelled.. and I just hope this stops escallating. Everytime I open CNN it just keeps getting worse: case in point: I just openned it to get the name of the town besides Safed that was bombed (Nahariya) and I see: News Alert: Israel’s foreign ministry says it has information that Lebanese guerrillas are trying to transfer the captured Israeli soldiers to Iran, The Associated Press reports. CNN is working to confirm.

It just keeps getting better. I'll, again, continue to post as I can if the situation changes.

Comments:
Beth:

Thanks for calling; sorry we missed you. It was good of you to include the words from your Prof. We were on an excurtion into the Everglades today. We return home Saturday Evening. Stay safe and SKIP THE TRIP!!!! Hope to talk soon.

Love, S A L
 
Stay safe... we're thinking of you stateside.
 
Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]