Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Eilat this weekend!!

Julie and I are leaving for Eilat this weekend, and spending Friday day there, and half of Saturday. I'm so excited, Leslie, a girl in my class, gave me information about snorkling in the Red Sea, and she said it was AMAZING. Apparently the beaches are absolutely packed down there, and especially now with all of the people from the North escaping Katushas, but she said at the snorkling place it's deserted, and tropical fish swim through your legs. Julie and I are going to try and buy an underwater disposable camera when we get there, and spend all of Friday snorkling. On Saturday we might go to a market, or just sit on the beach a bit and walk around. I have to do Hebrew homework on the way down, and on the way back I have to study for my final on Monday. I have class as usual on Sunday, without review, just trying to barrel through the material, and then our test is at 9-11:30 AM on Monday. I am going to pack on Monday, and I'm having a van pick me up here at around 7pm for my 1am flight. I'm so excited about so many things right now. Going snorkling, hanging out with Julie on our last weekend together... finishing my class... packing (and going through all the cool stuff that I've bought this summer)... getting on a plane and RELAXING for the first time in two months for more than five hours... getting off the plane and seeing my Aunt Karen and Lori... seeing my apartment again (I thought when I left that I'd never see her again, and we did not have a proper goodbye)... getting on a bus and CONTINUING to relax (no homework, no studying, no worries)... hanging out in DC and then seeing Gregory... then going home to Sal and hanging out with the Campos... then seeing Sonnet.... This summer is going to be great. It's already been fabulous. I can't wait to get to New Brunswick to hang out with Candice, Greg, Tony, Vita... I've got butterflies at all the amazing stuff I have lined up for me in the next day, week, month.

I'll blog when I get home. But just so everyone knows in case anything happens, Eilat is the southern-most tip of Israel, right next to Egypt and Jordan, on the Red Sea. My phone will still work, and if something happens I'll make every effort to blog, but everything should be fine as the problems are all in the north, and I'm getting as far away from there while still in Israel.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]