Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

First day of classes

Today was my first day on campus here at Hebrew U taking classes. They told us to be outside our dorm at 8:45 to walk together but nobody was there to meet us so we walked here ourselves, but my class didn't start until 10, so I came into the computer lab and chatted with people that were up late in the states while reading my email. Class was fun, I am glad I studied before I came, it made it a lot easier to pick things up. Minor annoyance: I bought the Hebrew book we're using for my Hebrew 101 class that I took for all of 2 weeks at Rutgers, but forgot to bring it and had to buy it again. I didn't even sell it back because I figured I'd take Hebrew again sometime, so I own two of the same book. I also bought CDs that came with the book and am splitting it with three girls in my class.. I would put it on my iPod if it didn't break yesterday.. I have two weeks left on my warranty so I have to air mail it back to the states and my cousin can ship it out to California for me back to Apple. Ugh. Anyway though, my professors (they tag team) are both really nice, and the kids in my class are cool. There are two French girls, Parisian, in my class, so I'm thinking in three languages at once, which feels weird, because the explinations are often given in both languages, and I'm translating a bit for them if the prof knows how to explain it in English and not French. I'm such a show off, I admit it Sonnet. It's fun though, I'm the only person in the class that understands everything going on, well, except when the prof starts going on in Hebrew too quickly, but I'm picking up on it all well, thanks to studying before.

I went to Leemore's kibbutz in the Knerett this weekend, it was so fun. We went to a pub on the kibbutz and stayed out until 4am - Leemore was with her childhood friends mostly, so I hung out with her 16 year old sister Yael, who was, thankfully, not as mature as a 16 year old, and I actually had great fun with. I called Greg and we chatted for a while, which was really nice because we have only had that chance once in the past month as our timing always sucks with me keeping Shabbat and him working late and me being a party pooper and not being able to stay up late enough to talk to him. But Saturday I decided I just wanted to call, and did anyway. We swam in the Kenneret the next day for a few hours after waking up late, which was super fun and beautiful. I took the second bus back after Shabbat and didn't get back to my dorm until almost 1 - so waking up this AM was not so fun, but I'll sleep heavy tonight and be able to wake up for my 8:30 class tomorrow. I'm glad to be getting into the rythem of classes starting.. and Hebrew is fun.

I'm going to grab dinner before starting my homework.. Much love..

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]