Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

I take it back, I don't want to come home afterall:)

Okay, I exaggerate, however, I did get to eat pasta last night. Julie and I were going stir crazy in our room and decided to go for a walk in the French Hill neighbourhood right outside our dorms. However, we discovered that town may not exist, considering we walked for fifteen minutes and all we saw were Hebrew University dorms in the process of being built. I finally convinced her to come into the city with me and get something to eat, even though we're broke and didn't want to spend money on food, I just couldn't handle peanut butter sandwiches or falafel anymore. We decided to go to a pasta bar, and all we talked about the whole cab ride was what we were going to get. It was uber exciting. However, we then stopped at an ATM to get money, but the machine ate my card. I yelled at it, pressed all of its buttons, but to no avail. I called my bank and got the card cancelled, and I'm hoping that I'll last on 200 shekels the rest of the week (which I think I will). It was G-d's way of telling me not to take out or spend more money.. and I heard Him.

I had something else witty to say.. and I lost it. Oh wells. Plans for this weekend are still up in the air - we're going to try and get down to Eilat, but a lot of people have gone down there, escaping the north, so it might be all booked up. We might just end up going up to Haifa... j/k... I joke don't worry. Jake and I are going into the city today so I can buy a crappy duffel at the shuk, and finish the last of my gift shopping. Humn, that 200 shekels might not last me afterall. Julie offered to lend me money and I can write her a check in American dollars, I think I'll have to do that. Pooh.

Anywho, that's all the news fit to print. My oral exam is on Thursday, my final on Monday, and my flight on Monday night.

I miss Israel already.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]