Monday, July 31, 2006

 

One more hour in Jerusalem

I'm in Aroma cafe, spending my last hour in Jerusalem hanging out and grabbing a bite to eat before catching my taxi to Ben Gurion airport. Today has been a really slow, bizarre, and disjointed day. First with my exam, which I feel like I performed competently on, then back to my room for a short nap before going to the cafeteria. I then had that amazing and awful conversation with, I'm not sure if I feel comfortable mentioning his name on a public forum, but the boyfriend of a victim of the suicide bombing on campus four years ago today. Then walking back to my dorm a giant demostration of Arab students against the Lebanese 'war'? I'm not sure what Hebrew University had to do with it, or why they were protesting them... But maybe it was just the closest Jewish thing they could yell at. I don't know. Then packing up with Julie, and sitting here at Aroma for the past few hours waiting for my van.. I can't believe I'm leaving. I'm really excited to get back to see Lori and Karen, Sonnet, Gregory, Sal, my grandparents eventually. Being away from home, and the people I really care about has made me realise how much I need them in my life. It's been an amazing summer. I learned so much, not just Hebrew, but about myself, about Israel, about life. I can't wait to come back, and I haven't even left yet.

Comments:
Nice blog here! Also your web site loads up fast!

What host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate hyperlink for
your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

My website - i need to lose weight
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]