Thursday, June 07, 2007

 

Back from the provinces

I've arrived back from the provinces a few hours ago, and I'm finishing posting the last of my photos onto Facebook. I'll provide a link at the bottom of this for the two albums I've made so far (for the first one I already have, but for facility's sake..).

The ride up and down was long and uncomfortable (seven hours on a slightly air-con bus with a crazy driver that honked every 10 seconds and blasted Khmer music the whole time).

We went to the CRDT office, where we learned about what the money we're raising goes towards, one project is the Mekong dolphin project. There are only about 100 left in Cambodia and within 5-10 years will probably be gone.. But I was lucky enough to see some on our trip out on the Mekong River to dolphin watch. I'm fairly exhausted, but I'm going out to a bar tonight with 2 of the girls that stayed behind on the trip and Alice, our coordinator (I came back early and went without the 'authentic' village experience: i.e. sleeping on the floor, getting malaria, eating crickets). It's trivia night at the bar, and my history and geography skills should come in handy..

http://rutgers.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2171400&l=d3899&id=8818340
http://rutgers.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2173743&l=01d96&id=8818340

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]