Monday, June 11, 2007

 

A few quick things

So the fan that I bought two days ago broke the day I bought it, it exploded at about 3am; Rattanak is coming to the house today at 1 to see if he can fix it.. Pray for me and my fan.

My evening students are okay. The first class, my other level two, is 'blah' in every sense of the word. They are really young and quiet. My second class is all boys, and university students, and I think they check me out the whole class. But they're smart, so I don't really mind.

I have a 1-on-1 tutoring session with a Korean girl who is working at an NGO here. Her English is pretty good, I think we're going to go to a cafe everyday and talk for an hour, which is all she wants to do. She only learned English in high school and university, but it's pretty damn good. It's a two-for-one deal, I get to learn about Cambodian AND Korean culture while I'm here.

My students, except for my second level two class, are wonderful; I'm really enjoying getting to know them. The schedule is a bit grueling, but manageable, with naps.

I went shopping yesterday and I'm almost finished shopping for gifts. I also bought 9 tops for about $21. I refuse to spend more than $3 on any top, Gap or Banana Republic.. I don't care the label (and the ladies in the market don't either). The average is $1 for a tanktop and $2-3 for a shirt, whether it be long-sleeved or short. I also bought a North Face small backpack for $4.50. I think I might buy a backpacking bag in case I ever backpack across a continent. Might as well, good ones cost $150 in the States and about $7 here.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]