Sunday, June 10, 2007

 

First day of school tomorrow

Tomorrow is the first day of school, and I have to say that I'm more nervous today than I ever was before any other first day when I was a student. I have my lesson plans planned out for most of the week in my four classes (I have two level 2s, a level 4, and a level 6). I hope it all goes according to plan.

Jessie and I bought giant fans to put next to our beds to blow under our mosqiuto nets today. It's totally heaven on Earth. Last night I was so soaked in sweat it woke me up at 4AM and I ran into the shower just to feel human again, which is the only place I ever do feel human. Ugh this heat is killing me.

The people in my program, sans my roommate Jessie who I spend a ridiculous amount of time with, are getting progressively more annoying as time passes. I live with them, and I can't really get away, which is why at 9pm I just said fuck it and went down to the internet cafe, just for a little sanity. I need to meet new people. Easier said than done, when the majority of Western people who stay longer than a few days are do-gooder NGO types or are just here to have sex with children. If you know anyone that speaks English or French in Phnom Penh that won't make me want to blow my brains out after hanging out with them for an hour, give 'em my stats. I could use the company.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]