Tuesday, June 19, 2007

 

Things are picking up

I found in my googling yesterday the place that Apple told me to go to to fix my computer, only this time with the correct phone number. I brought it over there this morning, and the woman told me it was all under warranty and would be free. I asked her to be careful with my baby and the woman at the store said "she's your baby and she's sick, and I'm her doctor. Don't worry."

I think that by the end of the summer I'm going to have a scar on my inner right leg from all of the exhaust pipes I've burned myself on while taking motos... It'll be a pretty badass scar.

I'm feeling almost 100% better, thank you SOS International Clinic.

Today I had a cool moment on a moto where I was riding along on the back and I recognised someone in the street and we did this very Brad Pitt in Ocean's 11 head nod, it feels cool to know people in Phnom Penh.

Classes were cancelled on Friday because the landlord of the school's mom died. And now Wednesday and Thursday as well. We're invited to the funeral service today at 4, and I'm not really sure why. You wear all white (I happened to bring an all white dress, it was Lori's) and it's two hours long, but at the end of it they feed you. But that feels kind of wrong, just to go to some lady's funeral I don't know for the cultural experience + free food. That's not saying that I won't go... but... at least I know it's slightly warped.

I'm off to help Sambo with his English test (TOEFL) that he's taking next week.

Comments:
Glad to see things are looking up! And that I was able to provide you with all the appropriately cultural clothes for your trip :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]