Monday, July 02, 2007

 

Allergic to Cambodia

I'm sick of being sick. I'm not sure what is wrong this time, and I don't really care, I just want it to go away. I'm still on medication for my ameba though, so I don't know what kind of illness I could have contracted.. But my tummy hurts. Again. Still. I don't know anymore.

This weekend I went to Battambang, in the north by the Thai border. It was a 5 hour bus trip Saturday afternoon and we were only there 24 hours before getting back onto the bus though. It was a great trip though, and looking out the window was far more interesting than reading my book, it was wonderful to get out of the city and see the countryside. Saturday night Jessie and I went to a home for homeless families and they did some performances and then we ate a lovely meal. Sunday I met up with some kids that were traveling with the NGO that Jessie came here with the past two years (they're working at the home we visited the night before) and we wandered about the "city" (I use that term lightly, even though it's the second largest in Cambodia). On the way back into the city I was looking out the window and saw into a grocery store that had Cheerios! I gasped and grabbed Jessie's leg and she immediately knew and asked "do you see Cheerios?" I guess I've been obsessing about them. I'm going to go and get some this week.

I was able to put the pictures on a CD but now Facebook is down. I'll post photos in the next few days though.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]