Sunday, July 15, 2007

 

Final day of Angkor Wat

This experience at Angkor Wat has been truly special. I feel as though I got a truely unique experience, and one I'll always treasure. This morning I took in the sunrise at Angkor Wat, and while it made for a few good photos, it was completely unmoving. It was crawling with tourists and it really took away from the experience. I however did get a laugh when two women bought a coffee and a tea and happily turned over $5 per drink.

The first three temples I visited, were, I was very surprised to find empty. The first was awesome, the second was under massive rehab and so I only snapped a picture before turning away. The third was also great, but I wasn't feel that well and climbing up the tallest temple at Angkor did a number on me. The view was worth it. I then went to Ta Prom, which is featured in the Lara Croft movie (Tomb Raider) and understood why it would be the perfect location for a film. It was a temple engulfed by the jungle and for the first twenty minutes I was also alone (shocking considering it is one of the top three most popular temples at Angkor). It was completely wicked. I took more pictures there than I took most of yesterday. I then went out to a farther temple, which was about 45 minutes away on tuk-tuk. It was very beautifully decorated, although small. However, the heat, the crowds, and temple-itis was getting to me and I left soon afterwards. I went to the Children's Hospital to donate blood but I couldn't today, so they gave me a list of hospitals in Phnom Penh that are reputable and I'll do that when I get back.

I'm uploading today's photos now, and it seems as though it's working.

Tomorrow morning Singapore!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]