Thursday, August 09, 2007

 

20 more days

It's crazy to me that in less than three weeks, I'm going to be on a plane bound for New York after spending my summer in one of the best and worst places in the world.

This week has gone by so fast, I can't believe it's almost Friday. Tonight we're going to pub quiz again at the Lazy Gecko on Lakeside. I've been helping a Khmer friend for the past few days write a report for World Vision. She has a great and interesting job, and while it's been exhausting helping her for hours write this report, it's been really rewarding, and I will get my name attached "Special thanks to:", which is cool.

Yesterday I found out one of my friends from high school (Beacon) was murdered by her ex-boyfriend. It was a pretty gruesome killing, and it's surprising to me how much it's been bothering me considering I haven't spoken with her since I graduated. It's in the top three most e-mailed stories on CNN, and it throws me for a loop that they're calling Tumi "a woman". It's quite sad and it couldn't have happened to a more gifted and promising girl.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]