Saturday, August 18, 2007

 

Last weekend in PP

This has been my last weekend in this great city. I've been so lucky to spend three months here, I'm so surprised to see that I'm leaving it in 5 days. Friday night Naomi flys in and we're going to Sihanoukville Saturday morning. We come back Wednesday afternoon and I fly out Wednesday night. I won't have internet access while in nouky-ville, so my last time checking email until I return to the US will be Friday afternoon. If there's an emergency you can call Michelle's cell phone, I've listed the number on here about a month or two ago.

Friday night was Jessie's last, she left Saturday morning for Bangkok. She's leaving for America Wednesday morning. First I went out with my students and accidentally got drunk with them again. The problem is this: you order a beer, they put ice in it. The ice melts and your beer tastes like water, so you pour more beer, and then they come around and put more ice in it. But then the ice melts. And so on. It was good fun though, they're my best and favourite class, and we went out for soup. It's like fondue, but instead of cheese, it's a pot of soup and you throw anything you want into the mix. After I came home we had a fashion show, showing off all of the stuff we've had made at the tailor's here. Everyone's stuff looked great, and it was fun to drink and joke. Sambo and Rasmey came over and they were a little shocked by the debauchery.

Yesterday I woke up late and went to the market with Sophea and went to the market. I bought more stuff I don't have the money or space for, and then came back to relax before biking to Elsewhere. They have a pool so Michelle, Alice and I took a dip (we brought our bathers), and had lunch and too many cocktails. We got caught in the rain on the way home, and it was dark and my glasses are not water resistant, so I had to take them off. It was really scary, especially for blinded me, and we saw a few accidents on the way, but we made it. We watched the end of Little Miss Sunshine and then watched a movie I bought in the market ages ago, A Love Song for Bobby Long which was really good. Today is a hang out day, trying to work on the huge book I've been reading as well as get some packing done (I've dented both). I'm not as concerned about my bags anymore, it'll be tight, but I've got enough room in my suitcase and in the backpacking bag that I bought which I'll check.

In ten days I'm getting on a jetplane. I'm so excited to see everyone, especially my little niece or nephew in utero. Lori, I talk about that baby all the time already, and it hasn't even been born yet!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]