Sunday, August 12, 2007

 

One more weekend in Phnom Penh? No way.

This weekend was great, Saturday I relaxed in the afternoon and ran a few errands. In the evening I went with Sophea, my Khmer friend to a party with her boss and co-workers at World Vision to one of their houses. World Vision is a Christian NGO, and her boss is Australian so we had some good old Western food and Christian bonding (we watched Remember the Titans and played Boggle). I helped her some more with the report, we're finishing it on Wednesday, and then I slept over. It was fun to girl chat with her a while, and she had a nice comfortable Western bed. She woke me up at 5AM, and I went back to the house because Sunday Michelle and I went on a hike in Chambok eco-tourism preserve within Kirirom National Park. It was a full day of hiking up and down waterfalls, and it was really great fun. My legs are burning a bit today from being sore, but it was great to get out of PP and into nature. Within a few minutes of being back in Phnom Penh I slipped on the sidewalk, totally wiping out, and have a great big bloodly bruise on my knee now. Only I can spend a day hiking through the jungle, and then get hurt after returning to the city.

Not much else is new, now that my students have finished testing I'm averaging 3 students per class, which is rather annoying. I'm going to play them a song everyday that is either about America or an American state.

I only have to wake up early 8 more days! I leave in 16 days and counting..

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]