Monday, June 02, 2008

 

Ponchie

My new nickname is Ponchie, because I bought a poncho. Its the colours of the rainbow and I love it. Im going to wear it everywhere when I get home.

So what is a Bethany summer trip without having a life and death moment? Or more than one, hell, I'm not picky. Last night I found myself saying this to myself: "Let's recap: I´m in an outhouse, wearing a poncho, in a Japanese restaurant, in the middle of the jungle in Guatemala." We walked to the restaurant through the jungle and it was really quite scary with barking dogs and without any light.. So perhaps we didn't almost die there, but it wasn't the safest I've ever felt.

Today we took the bus back to Antigua. We wound our way through the mountains again, only this time downhill during downpours that was once Tropical Storm Arthur. I kept having visions of us hydroplaning and going off the cliff in the mini-bus, but thankfully, I'm here in one piece safe and sound. We're going to go to Honduras in the morning, at 4am our bus leaves for the Copan ruins on the border. As for now, we're going to post some postcards and waste time given that it will not stop raining.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]